I'm now eating 2 portions of baby food a day (since yesterday). This is good, although not quite good enough as it is only about 320 calories and I should be eating 500 to make up the daily intake (plus 2 goo bags overnight). But, this is definite progress, and I am feeling much more upbeat and positive (if bored!) than I was; I have energy, I don't have to sleep in the afternoon or evening every day; and I am taking exercise, L and I at least going to the village every day (OK except today), also been into town and walked round again, and didn't go to sleep when I got home, yesterday.
But oh god I'm boooooooooooooored. Crochet is all very well, but... OK I didn't expect my enthusiasm to last all that long... but I'll keep on it. Have to do something! Today I am on page 50 of the lolcatz site. It tells me to paste some code on my blog to link to it, but I'm not sure where - I'll shove it in here for the moment.

see more Lolcats and funny pictures
It is really funny, and if the cats aren't your thing, there are plenty of other sections to give you silly giggles. Or contribute, if you wish - I have contributed some under the name mungolina, I don't think they're in the list of public ones I don't know how to get them there, but you can find my bit and go see them if you feel so inclined.
Oh I'm also drinking more and more coke - it really is helpful for the saliva/blocked throat/choking probs! plus of course it is giving me some sugar (nursey said it's good for me to get some sugar because it gives a pleasurable boost, so there) and it is giving me calories. I'm on my 2nd can today - and I never used to touch the stuff!
I have now also started treating my teeth - the zapping drains them of fluoride or of whatever they contain naturally, so now I have some high-fluoride content tooth paste, and I 'soak' my teeth in it for about 20 mins a day, I have some plastic moulds I put the stuff in and place over my teeth; also of course brushing them with it. I HATE doing it - it gets in the mouth and I have to concentrate really really hard not to heave. I try to get busy doing something else.But I do not want my teeth to be full of black holes in 4 years time, and that is what will happen if I don't care for them; so I do, and I brush them carefully too - havn't been back to the paradontologist yet, apparently that word doesn't exist in English but tough - will be going back to see him when I feel better able to sit with my mouth open for x time.
Oh - L just came home and said someone called for him at work today to offer him a temporary place as head of a collège about 10km from here. He was on a course, so his boss answered for him (he's deputy head), which is really not right, saying he didn't have his driving licence so really he couldn't do it - which was deeply mean of her and not correct at all, she should have said he wasn't there and to talk with him tomorrow. She's my friend, but it's still not right. Anyway L is both pissed off with her and wavering wildly between negative and positive about it - he started by saying he wasn't interested because it was in the middle of nowhere, then I looked up where it was - he hadn't had a chance to look into it at all - it's 20 mins drive away (although probably an hour by public transport) - I supported him at once and said I think he should do it, because it's good experience for his CV, and I offered to drive him - being so bored n all. If it's really worth it, then rent a room somewhere near. Whatever - he is really pissed off with Noelle (the chef) though - she does do things she really shouldn't that are just unprofessional. She could have just given his mobile number. He is ranting and quite right too. Damn it. And he's not sure he wants to do it partly because it would mean he would be in conflict with his boss when he went back - partly fear, I'm sure - partly indolence I'm also sure - I mean, it is not an easy thing to take on a school, in a role you havn't done before - without a deputy, either, there is no deputy there - and half way through the year - it's really quite daunting; but I think it would be really really good for his CV, and it may even mean he could twist the rules afterwards and they'd let him be head of a lycée without officially holding a head of a collège role first - they do twist the rules as they want when it suits them, frankly; but if you want to be head of a lycée, you have to have been head of a collège first. He's not that happy about being in the front line, he'd probably be ok just being a lycée deputy head anyway, but I still think he should do it.

No comments:
Post a Comment