Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

February 20, 2011

It's like buses, eh

Nothing for months and then they all come along at once. No, I havn't finished having my say today, and I think it would be healthy for me to start using this again more often. Sharing my fears also helps me to control them. But I note my last post was in November - the all clear scan - but I will mention, it didn't cover the thorax (lungs) which is why they're doing another one now, because it should have done then.  This IS routine - but it is routine for a reason. And the all clear - the surgeon when I was him did say things like 'well, your cancer was well advanced, you can still get bad surprises even with regular scans'. So, I'm not being paranoid, I am still high risk. Which I'm not enjoying much.

I have always been prone to upper respiratory tracht infections, and I started getting that 'can't breath properly' feel a few days before the symptoms of my cold started. So I'm worried.

But I got into a state before my last scan, so I'm getting into a state before this one too, and soon it will be over and I will be fine.

If I DO have a metastased lung cancer, I'm bloody well leaving here, leaving work, and just going to put all my bloody energy into having a good time before I die. I'm not having fun in my life at the moment, and I'm fed up about it, but I feel  I'm in a waiting loop. No point making big changes while I don't know. Then my brain flips and I think, hell, I may not live long, so why aren't I doing exactly and only things that I want to do, and sod everyone and everything else? Then my brain flips again and I think, shit, but cancer treatment is so good now, there is no reason not to be positive about it, so I shall probably live to a ripe old age, how the bloody hell do I pay for that? And I go into the other negative spiral. Then I try to stop that, and I end up doing nothing. Stasis.

Better than metastasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment