Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

December 19, 2011

Yay it worked!

So I have found my way around the new interface - you can tell I don't blog that much, eh! I think this interface changed at least 3 months ago. So, yes, my post is on my blog. And there was something else I wanted to add, but it has flown right out of my head. I am a butterfly, fluttering by, beautiful but short-lived. No, that's negative. Or is it? why do we all desperately want to live long, without necessarily living well? Why not just say, bugger this, I've had enough, let's see what's next? Surely death is our greatest adventure?

Anyway, that sort of rather scary philosophising is not what I actually wanted to talk about, which has now come back to me. Work. I am signed off for the month of December - at least it's a holiday month a lot. I hope to be back at work first half of January - this really is not a big intervention physically, although huge emotionally. But I am so angry at this bloody cancer coming along again now, just when I was starting to be effective again, just when I was starting to be appreciated again just when I was about, at last, to be promoted. Who is going to want to bet on someone who is going to get a new cancer problem every 2 years or so, or at unpredictable intervals require time off for treatment, and be emotionally undependable?

No-one, that's who.

Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment