Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

June 18, 2011

With special thanks to:

I realise I did not do my friends in the UK proud. I was housed, fed, entertained and cared for by some dear lovely people, and I would like to say special thanks to:

Rachel - wonder-cook, Scrabble player, gossiper and gardener extraordinaire, plus lovely friend who I've known about the same length of time as Michael!
Helen - Rachel's lodger who was really helpful and leant me a phone, a travel card thing, and conversation.
Michael - and goats - for caring and sharing. Especially the sharing. Long long talks and lovely food.
Julie and Edwin - for being bonkers yet and at the same time lovely.
Kate - for being their daughter and yet still relatively sane. All things are relative. Bestest cusnin and funny woman. Not got the cooking bit yet.
Debs - for being my best friend and also for knowing that Cooking is Love. Thank you for the love, the talk, the cribbage, the dogs (well, ok not them) and the pretty bedroom!
Al - for joining in the cribbage and the Scrabble, and for the interesting falling-over incident :)
Elizabeth - well actually for much the same as all the above! I have now adopted roast asparagus as a regular dish.

Apologies to everyone else who I didn't see. I Will Be Back. You are warned!

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome sweetie. Hope to see you back here soon to trash me at Scrabble. (Gossiper!!!?) It was lovely to have your wonderful company and good chats. Sorry to make you lose your voice.

    xxx Rachel

    ReplyDelete