I have just seen my last post - that was a downer, eh. So I thought I'd better add another one quick - because I am just fine. I am working like a dervish, having started up as a freelance translator, and now running a mentoring group, through which I provide guidance (I hope!) and sometimes work to newly starting translators. Because there is a lot, lot more to translation than just speaking the lingo, trust me.
So - anyway - they didn't take the whole lung out, only about half of it. And I went to a 'Breath Clinic' for a sort of boot camp experience afterwards - 3 weeks of intensive and progressive exercise, coaching and careful support. First off, I could hardly make it once up a slope in the beautiful grounds. By the end I was going up and down three times at a fairly normal rate. First off, I couldn't get up a flight of stairs - well, I have tons of practice with stairs now, and at my parents I zoom up and down their three flights with only mild panting. So, it is all good and thank God for that eh.
Welcome to my blog
When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment