So. My metas. The wonderful French healthcare system. Wonderful modern medicine in general. The main point being, I am still alive and I am basically in good health. Which is pretty amazing, no?
Well, it's been another grueling time. Apart from my own health issues, I had spent most of the last three years caring for my parents - spending about half my time living at their house. My mother was already bed-ridden with issues with a dislodged hip replacement - long story - and was diagnosed with inoperable bowel cancer. We had got her up and about again, and able to enjoy going into the garden - when she fell over and damaged her other replacement hip. Re-bed-ridden, and inoperable because by this time the cancer had cut in and was making her too weak to risk it. Meanwhile, my father was developing a form of dementia - logic unimpaired but memory disappearing.
My mother finally died in April and we had to place my father into care. Meanwhile, I was not able to be with my mother at the end because I was undergoing very tough chemotherapy, following a protocol named 'Extreme', because it is. By June I was very ill, but my new metastatic tumour had almost gone. I am now continuing the 'Extreme' protocol through a weekly treatment of Erbitux starting in August, which is a cancer cell growth inhibitor. Half a day a week out of my life, but it gives me life, right? Right.
OK I'm not in my most up period right now. I'll come back up.
Welcome to my blog
When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment