Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

November 15, 2009

Look it's me

I'm finally online at hospital, and quite a lot of the time I'm compos mentis enough to update this. Right now, however, is not one of the compos mentis times, or at least I may have some comp but very little ment, so this will be short. I'm doing well. Tomorrow I have a thingy put it so they can feed me through the stomach directly, because I wont be able to ingurge properly during the radio therapy. When I leave here (end Nov ish) I should have 80% swallowing ability. I'm sorry, all that makes me think about is chocolate and tea. It should also mean I have the feeding tube removed from my nose in the next couple of days and soon after that, the tracheotomy. I so look forward to both of those going.

Overall I feel fine, I have my moments, Lionel visits every afternoon plus a few other people have dropped in, I can't talk too long and do tend to start snoring in the middle of other people's sentences, but its great to see them

Thanks to all fr the cards good wishes etc xxxxx

5 comments:

  1. SOOO good to hear from you again. Best of luck with getting all the tubes removed - ghastly things.

    Why did you have to mention chocolate, dammit?

    Cheers and hugs

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sian,
    Fantastic that you're feeling well enough to blog, even if there's more comp than ment. But you can write gobbledogook and it will be good to hear from you! It sounds like a big step forward getting rid of tubes and things.

    Big hug,

    Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see you are online!! I have been thinking of you loads. Great to hear things are progressing so well!! Great that tubes and tracki are coming out! You are amazing!!! Get some rest and look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Much love

    Tam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sweetheart,
    It is lovely to hear that things are improving and wonderful that you are back online.
    Thinking about you a lot of the time.

    Sending lots of love

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to hear from you again. Waiting for your next post. You are doing great work. Keep up this great work.

    cartucho r4i

    ReplyDelete