Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

November 30, 2009

Not blogging am I

Back home and really don't feel like saying anything... have a nice nurse who visits daily for my dressings... not eating well, so doing goo... felt a bit more energetic today and actually did some housework... and got agreement with L today to get some hours from the lady who does the cleaning in the flat upstairs thank God. Desperately overdrawn because of dental cleaning process which was the 1200€ I wanted to get refunded and thought my insurance had agreed but the money has not been forthcoming and I also paid my nephew 1000€ now I have cheques bouncing - stupidly, I changed my branch from the Espé one to one here just before going into hospital, the Espé one would not have done this and if they couldn't get hold of me they'd have talked to my mum and understood; my new branch of course don't know me from Adam and have just baulked. I have to go see the buggers, also the doctor, but didn't get it together to call either of them today. They were changing our windows - taking out the 1970s wood ones and putting in nice new plastic double glazed white ones - no not my normal taste but in a standard flat, they are GREAT, makes a real difference to the heating and the place looks soooooooooo much brighter. But it was difficult today while they were putting them in - I had to move from room to room desperately trying to keep warm. November is not the best month to do that sort of work in - I bet the lads doing it were freezing, but I'm far too selfish to have spent any time checking on them, I'm afraid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment