I found, first in the list of jobs proposed on an 'executive' job board (because we all like to have a look from time to time), what is actually a definition of the job I have been doing for the past x time, but defined at the level that I have been saying I should be at - and paid very considerably more than me, believe me. It's MY job! I MADE it! and I'd been battling and battling to get recognition - and was told I'm on the list for this year's rounds (that's March time) - but since this is advertised on a public job board, they are obviously not willing to wait; which I understand, of course, from their point of view, but I just think this means that when I go back, I'll be right back down the bottom of the pile again, and have to re-do all my work to 'prove myself'.
I took such a career dive to come here - and such a financial dive - and no, I'm no longer a spring chicken; frankly, getting some more money in so I can save is a priority for me, my pension prospects are also shot to hell; but work round here is fairly scarce; I don't believe I can thumb my nose at Dell. Certainly not while I'm off sick on full pay which let's face it IS fantastic. Even though I think my full pay should be some 20K higher than it actually is ;)
Anyway, mailed my manager (who is not communicative, maybe because he's feeling embarrassed about the realities of commercial life having to stomp all over my career prospects) - asked if I can be considered for the role and take it on when I come back because it's not that long now... (well we don't know, of course, but the estimation is Easter). Must say, that is a serious encouragement to me to get better soon!
Oh - on the plus side - I doubt very much if, had I still been there, my actual role would have been as clearly defined and recognised - and as well rewarded - on an internal promotion basis; so in fact, if I can swing it, it might even work in my favour... who knows...
Welcome to my blog
When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment