Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

January 24, 2010

Beans

The chemo is being unpleasant this time, trying to escape back out of all orifices. When I said I felt sick, one of the nurses brightly said 'Shall I get you some beans?'

Beans? Beans?? What is this, some new secret weapon against vomiting?

No no - all was revealed in an instant when she returned with a small pile of those pressed paper vomit dishes - which are indeed bean-shaped. The French rarely do nice things like that with their language, but occasionally they delight me.

Nilla - I can't post a comment on your blog at the moment for whatever reason, but - the bench is for sitting on. Obviously!

(There is a bench that has been placed on the roof of the station, in my parents' home town).

3 comments:

  1. yes but for whom to sit on?? I reckon they put it there for the giant lizards - no one else if big enough. Or interested in the view there, its a bit, hmm, prosaic. OK then, dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, gringuette. But then, they are obviously French bench-placers: remember, where there is a choice between pointing a bench at a pretty trickling river and attractive fields, or turning it round so you can get a nice view of the road (and whoever is going along it, obviously Up To No Good) - the French will choose nice view of the road every time!

    I am probably not getting the perspective aspect to appreciate the large-ness. When are the lizards due, isn't it quite soon now? gosh, must be getting exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sian, I've been drawn here by your comment on my FB comment on Russell's poke etc etc, so I hope you won't mind me wishing you VERY well as the beans make it clear that you are - understandably - not feeling your best. I love your FB pic by the way - I've never seen your hair that long, which is why a chemo (non)hairstyle probably wouldn't faze me anyway! Hope to see you out this way once the hideous but hopefully extremely helpful treatment is over - Russell says you may be planning some LVD R&R (hopefully not a contradiction in terms!). Did you know Aldo has a swollen foreskin, by the way? OUCH! Bisous (but naturally avoiding the tender tonsil area), Karen from RLC

    ReplyDelete