Welcome to my blog

When I was really scared and ill, other people's cancer blogs helped me, so I hope this one can help others. It is also a real security space for me, because you don't get over cancer that fast... I'm still on the journey. Sometimes it's fun!

January 5, 2010

An incident from the past

This is another incident I was telling frankee about when I was in hospital, and I don't believe I put it in here at all - again, it's in chat format, and I'm NOT going through the hell of reformatting it all, so it is slightly harder to read I expect. But it was so funny!

moptop (17/11/2009 20:49:43): so saw my folks and my brother and Pat (his wife) and a surprise visit from David (L's idiot son) who is quite fond of me realy, and L of course
moptop (17/11/2009 20:49:47): so busy day
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:50:08): awwwww thats good! im glad you're getting those visits. that will help alot
moptop (17/11/2009 20:50:44): I can pick BOTH my nostrils now! Yay for no tube!
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:50:50): LOL
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:50:53): YAY!
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:50:57): youre so funny!
moptop (17/11/2009 20:51:16): LOL - I am honest, most people find that very comic
moptop (17/11/2009 20:51:35): did I tell you about the mouth x ray?
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:51:43): no you didnt
moptop (17/11/2009 20:52:15): ReallY? I'm surprised. You know I was on those codeine things and spending a fair amount of time in an alternate reality
moptop (17/11/2009 20:52:59): I was asleep in bed (this was last week I guess) at 2 - afternoon nap - when knock on door, 'hi, you ready for your mouth x-rays?
moptop (17/11/2009 20:53:28): Well, no, what mouth x-rays? - don't you worry, I take you there and you'll be back in no time - okies
moptop (17/11/2009 20:54:00): So befuddled he got me into my dressing gown and slippers, onto a wheelchair and off we toddled.
moptop (17/11/2009 20:54:27): Down the lift, out of the hospital round the back and into a mini ambulance van thing
moptop (17/11/2009 20:54:37): Oooh I thought, I wonder where we're going
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:54:57): oh god lol
moptop (17/11/2009 20:55:21): So off we went, I had to hold onto my head quite hard because he went over the bumbs at a lell of a lick and it hurt, but it was fun being out
moptop (17/11/2009 20:55:32): looook peopllllleeeee, traffficcccc
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:55:56): LOL
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:55:58): oh god
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:56:15): don they have xrays at the hospital? why do you have to go somewhere else?
moptop (17/11/2009 20:56:25): so then we got to somewhere, he wheeled me out, took me shomwhere, put me in a chair in a tiny waiting room and said 'don't move, until someone calls your name'
moptop (17/11/2009 20:56:36): Ok I said, and went to sleep
moptop (17/11/2009 20:56:49): I guess they don't have round-the-mouth-machines
moptop (17/11/2009 20:57:33): Someone called my name and I shuffled in approximately the right direction trying to explain I wasn't always like this, it was the drugs... maybe didn't help
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:57:55): *giggling*
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:57:57): oh god!
moptop (17/11/2009 20:58:08): happily they had a round-the-mouth machine that you didn't have to open your mouth for, because then we'd have been in trouble
frankee F (17/11/2009 20:58:44): oh thats good!
moptop (17/11/2009 20:58:49): Then they placed me firmly back in the waiting room and said now don't you move until someone gives uyou your x rays and comes to take you back!
moptop (17/11/2009 20:58:57): OK I said and fell asleep
moptop (17/11/2009 20:59:32): Here are your x rays here's the wheel chair in we go hop hop - they were all so jolly and enthusiastic and energetic, it was really hard to handle
moptop (17/11/2009 20:59:52): bump bump squeal of tyres (really) back to 'my' hospital
moptop (17/11/2009 21:00:35): being wheeled down the corridor and a gaggle of nurses appeared saying where've you been!? - Me - I don't know
frankee F (17/11/2009 21:00:46): LMAO
moptop (17/11/2009 21:00:56): I went to get my teeth x rayed - here, have some x rays
moptop (17/11/2009 21:01:04): and off he wheeled me back to bed
moptop (17/11/2009 21:01:12): I still don't know where this other place was
frankee F (17/11/2009 21:01:26): and the nusrses had no clue where you went???
moptop (17/11/2009 21:02:05): Oh I expect they'd have an informed guess. But none of them knew it was happeningn!
frankee F (17/11/2009 21:02:14): LMAO
moptop (17/11/2009 21:02:21): The outcome of all this is that the dental specialist chappy here says I have the mouth of a twenty year old woman
moptop (17/11/2009 21:02:23): so there

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about that! Made me giggle all over again. You do have some adventures, don't you?

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete